Ferris 400S Zero Turn Mower
The Ferris 400S is one of the newest members of the Ferris zero turn line up. Featuring our patented suspension technology, heavy-duty Hydro-Gear® drive system, an engine purpose built for a zero-turn application and mowing speeds up to 13 km/h. This mower is full of features to provide maximum productivity including the brand new, patent pending TR3PLE deck, featuring three discharge configurations as well as a 50/50 mulching and rear discharge combi configuration. The 400S is perfect for the light commercial market, capable of tackling tight places, providing maximum manoeuvrability and productivity.
- Tr3ple Deck - Multifunctional patent-pending deck with four discharge configurations including Side Discharge, Rear Discharge, Mulching and Mulching/Rear Discharge combi configuration, giving you the perfect cut for every situation.
- Suspension System - Suspension system with independent rear coil-over-shocks (shown) and pivoting front axle with front ride dampening shocks.
- Hydro-Gear® ZT-3100 - Fully serviceable dual commercial Hydro-Gear® ZT-3100 transaxles are designed for high performance and durability.
- Aluminium Spindles - Features top greaseable aluminium spindles for longer usable life.
- Commercial Turf Series™ - Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series™ petrol engine features a full pressure lubrication system, heavy duty starting system & MCR and Cooling Fins inspection panels.
- Steering System - A patented suspension and steering system combined to provide a comfortable ride with exceptionally smooth steering performance.
- Side Control Panel - Separate parking brake lever operated from side panel for additional control.
- Make - Briggs & Stratton – Petrol
- Model - Commercial SeriesTM
- Horsepower - 23 HP
- Cylinders / Displacement - 2 Cylinders V-Twin / 724 cc
- Cooling - Air cooled
- PTO - Electric PTO clutch
- Starting - Electric
- Fuel Capacity - 21 Litres
- Cutting width - 122 cm / 48”
- Deck Configuration - “TR3PLE” Side discharge, rear discharge, mulch, mulch/rear combi
- Cutting Height - 38 – 114 mm
- Deck Construction - 3.6 mm fabricated construction, double top deck, double reinforced side skirts, overlap welded corners
- Mower Spindles - Cast aluminium 135mm; 20mm shaft
- Deck lift system - Foot pedal, spring assisted
Suspension & Drive Train
- Suspension - Rear wheel suspension, pivoting front axle with front ride dampening shocks
- Transmission - Independent Hydro-Gear® ZT-3100™ transaxles
- Drive Axles - 25.4 mm Tapered with 4-bolt wheel hubs
- Drive Tyres (inch) - 20 x 10.00 – 10 Kenda Commercial Turf tyres
- Caster Tyres (inch) - 11 x 4.00 – 5 Kenda smooth pneumatic tyres
Noise and Vibration
- HAV - < 2.5
- WBV - < 0.5
- Sound - 105 dB(A)
- Speed (Forwards) - 0 – 12.8 km/h
- Speed (Reverse) - 0 – 6.4 km/h
- Overall length - 180cm
- Overall width - 126cm
- Dry weight - 369kg
Operator Control & Comfort Systems
- Instrumentation - Fuel level gauge, hour meter
- Controls - Forward and reverse control levers, adjustable in height and length, seat activated engine kill, clutch safety switch
- Parking Brake / Safety Circuit - Integrated transaxle brake, neutral and parking brake safety circuit
- Engine - 2-Year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
- Transmission - 2-Year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
- Balance of machine - 4-Year Limited Warranty (48 months) or 500 hours, whichever occurs first. Unlimited hours during the first 2 years (24 months). Coil-over-shocks and all suspension related components are covered for 4 years (48 months) unlimited hours. Belts, Tires, Brake Pads, Battery, Blades: 90 days.
Winner of Certificate of Commendation – Royal Cornwall Show Machinery Awards 2019
Please call our sales team for more information or to arrange a demonstration!